August 30, 2011

hungry tuesday - Pistachio gratin of Asparagus

Another delicacy from my favorite cook book, along with an impro based on a snack I ate in New York.

Pistachio gratin of Asparagus with risotto rolls and leek salad

Pistachio gratin of asparagus
STEP TWO 

1 1/2  pounds (750 g) asparagus                                                  Salt
Ghee or oil                                                                                    Black pepper
Lemon juice
STEP THREE

3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs                                             1 teaspoon finey grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons ground pistachio                                                     1 tablespoon melted ghee or oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger                                                           salt


1. Butter a gratin dish or an oven-to-table baking dish.
2. Trim the tough ends off the asparagus. Steam until just barely tender. Place in the gratin dish and toss whit a little ghee, lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Toss the bread crumbs with the pistachios, ginger, lemon zest, ghee or oil, and a sprinkling of salt. Sprinkle evenly over the pistachios.
4. Place in the broiler for a minute or two, until the topping is lightly browned.





Risotto balls or rolls

As for the risotto rolls, well remember the pumpkin risotto? I never liked eating next day's risotto but I like even less wasting food so, when my boyfriend took me to eat in a risoto house in New York, I was more interested in the risotto balls in the grocerie nex door. We treed them and they felt great. I have beem meanig to make them at home ever sice.

Its quite simple! The risotto should be of a consistency that will allow you to shape it into balls (or rolls) and them its fritters 101: egs and bread crumbs... only I added a bit of parmigiano to the bread and I tossed the balls in the oven instead of the frying pan. I forgot to ad the fresh coriander to the bread crumbs so I added it at the end together with a sprinkling of lemon juice.


risotto rolls



enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment